Skip to content
1. Do I need this item?
2. Do I really need this?
3. How does this item make me feel?
4. Which of these items do I access most often?
5. Where should I put this to reduce as much friction to access it as possible?
6. What could I do so I can find anything in here in less than 5 seconds?
7. How do I create this so that I don’t have to move one item to access another item?
8. Can color coding help me here?
9. What am I missing?
10. How can I simplify this system?
11. If someone else were to try to find something, could they, and how fast?
12. (Once you’re done) Does this system evoke a sense of relief?
13. What doesn’t need to be here? / What can I get rid of?
14. Should each item have a designated space it fits perfectly into?
15. What about this system is uncomfortable or frustrating? (Am I bending over, reaching, or put at an odd angle too often for how regularly I access this space?)
Get hilarious emails with decluttering tips and home organization!